Hyde County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Hyde County North Carolina genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Hyde County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|County Seat||Swan Quarter|
Hyde County Courthouse
264 Business Hwy P O Box 297
Swan Quarter NC 27885
Phone: 252 926 3011
Formerly Wickham Co names changed to Hyde 1712
Register of Deeds has birth, death and burial records from 1913
marriage records from 1850, land records from 1736
marriage bonds 1735-1867 and delayed birth records from late 1800's
Clerk Superior Court has divorce and court records from 1868
and probate records from 1774 
For animated maps illustrating North Carolina county boundary changes, "Rotating Formation North Carolina County Boundary Maps" (1664-1965) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
- Guide to Research in the North Carolina Archives (list of original & microfilm records)
For a list of record loss in North Carolina counties see: North Carolina Counties with Burned Courthouses
Census & Tax Records
For tips on accessing Hyde County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- Mattemuskeet River. Constituted 1783.
Church of England
- St. George's Parish. Established by 1741.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
Photographs & Biographies
- 1855-1959 - Hyde County Marriage Index 1855-1959 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Wills & Estates
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Hyde County, NC History, Records, Facts and Genealogy (Genealogy Inc)
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Hyde County at Our Family Tree
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hyde County, North Carolina. Page 510 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ George Washington Paschal, History of North Carolina Baptists, 2 vols. (1930; reprint, Gallatin, Tenn.: Church History Research and Archives, 1990), 2:565. FHL Book 975.6 K2p 1990.
- ↑ Robert J. Cain, ed., The Church of England in North Carolina: Documents, 1699-1741 (Raleigh, N.C.: Division of Archives and History, North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources, 1999), 414. FHL Book 975.6 K2cr.
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/9/91/Iginorthcarolinag.pdf.
- This page was last modified on 6 March 2014, at 01:23.
- This page has been accessed 6,982 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback