Hyde County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Hyde County, North Carolina ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Hyde County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|County Seat||Swan Quarter|
Hyde County Courthouse
264 Business Hwy P O Box 297
Swan Quarter NC 27885
Phone: 252 926 3011
Formerly Wickham Co names changed to Hyde 1712
Register of Deeds has birth, death and burial records from 1913
marriage records from 1850, land records from 1736
marriage bonds 1735-1867 and delayed birth records from late 1800's
Clerk Superior Court has divorce and court records from 1868
and probate records from 1774 
Register of Deeds
P.O. Box 294
Swan Quarter, No 27885
Phone: 252-926-4182 or 252-926-4183
Clerk Superior Court
P.O. Box 337
Swan Quarter, NC 27885
Work Phone: (252) 926-4700
For animated maps illustrating North Carolina county boundary changes, "Rotating Formation North Carolina County Boundary Maps" (1664-1965) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
- Guide to Research in the North Carolina Archives (list of original & microfilm records)
For a list of record loss in North Carolina counties see: North Carolina Counties with Burned Courthouses
Census and Tax Records
For tips on accessing Hyde County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- Mattemuskeet River. Constituted 1783.
Church of England
- St. George's Parish. Established by 1741.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- 1861 - 1865 North Carolina, Civil War Service Records of Confederate Soldiers, 1861-1865 at FamilySearch.org — index and images
- 1861 - 1865 North Carolina, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865 at FamilySearch.org — index and images
Photographs & Biographies
- 1800 - 2000 North Carolina Birth Index 1800-2000 at FamilySearch.org — index
- 1866 - 1964 North Carolina Births and Christenings 1866-1964 at FamilySearch.org — index
- 1898 - 1994North Carolina Deaths 1906-1930 at FamilySearch.org — index and images
- 1908 - 2004 North Carolina Death Indexes 1908-2004 at Ancestry.com — index $
- 1909-1975 North Carolina Death Certificates 1909-1975 at Ancestry.com — index and images $
- 1931 - 1994North Carolina Deaths 1931-1994 at FamilySearch.org — index
- 1855-1959 - Hyde County Marriage Index 1855-1959 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
- 1741-2004 - North Carolina Marriage Index 1741-2004 at Ancestry.com — index $
- 1759-1979 - North Carolina Marriages 1759-1979 at FamilySearch.org — index
- 1762–1979 - North Carolina, County Marriages, 1762-1979 at FamilySearch — index and images
Online Probate Records
- 1660 – 1790 North Carolina Will Abstracts 1660-1790 at Ancestry.com — index and images $]
- 1663 - 1979 North Carolina Estate Files 1663-1979 at FamilySearch.org — images
- 1665 - 1998 North Carolina Wills and Probate Records 1665-1998 at Ancestry.com — index and images $
- 1735 - 1970 North Carolina Probate Records 1735-1970 at FamilySearch.org — images
- 1760 – 1800 North Carolina Will Abstracts 1760-1800 at Ancestry.com — index and images
Wills and Estates
- Pre-1790 - Pre-1790 Hyde County, North Carolina Genealogy Wills stored at the North Carolina State Archives are online - free. Website tips.
- 1764-1960 - Will Books 1 to 14 (1764-1960) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
- Hyde County, North Carolina Wills & Estates (NCGenWeb Project)
Societies and Libraries
Hyde County Historical & Genealogical Society
7820 Piney Woods Road
Family History Centers
Family History Centers provide one-on-one assistance and free access to premium genealogical websites. In addition, many centers have free how-to genealogy classes. See Family History Center for more information. Search the online FHC directory for a nearby family history center.
- Hyde County, NC History, Records, Facts and Genealogy (Genealogy Inc)
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Hyde County at Our Family Tree
- FamilySearch Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hyde County, North Carolina. Page 510 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ George Washington Paschal, History of North Carolina Baptists, 2 vols. (1930; reprint, Gallatin, Tenn.: Church History Research and Archives, 1990), 2:565. FHL Book 975.6 K2p 1990.
- ↑ Robert J. Cain, ed., The Church of England in North Carolina: Documents, 1699-1741 (Raleigh, N.C.: Division of Archives and History, North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources, 1999), 414. FHL Book 975.6 K2cr.
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/9/91/Iginorthcarolinag.pdf.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2016, at 05:01.
- This page has been accessed 13,614 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News