Hyde Park, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Hyke Park was chartered on August 27, 1781 by the Vermont Legislature and is the Shire Town (county seat) for Lamoille County. Hyde Park was named for its principal grantee, Captain Jedediah Hyde. Villages within the town of Hyde Park are Centerville, Cleveland Corners, Garfield, Hyde Park, and North Hyde Park. The town had a population at the 2010 US Census of 2,954.  
Inventory of the town, village and city archives of Vermont, no. 8, Lamoille County, vol. V, town of Hyde Park, village of Hyde Park - view a digital copy of this document online.
Hyde Park, Vermont : shire town of Lamoille County, by the Bicentennial Committee (1976) - find this book in a library.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Hyde Park is Lamoille.
Lamoille Probate Court
154 Main St
PO Box 570
Hyde Park, VT · 05655
Phone: (802) 888-3306
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Hyde Park. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Lamoille County, website at this link.
- Holbrook Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Hooper Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Hyde Park Center Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Hyde Park Plains Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Hyde Park Village Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Jedediah Hyde Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- North Hyde Park Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Saint Theresa Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1931-1971, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
Vermont, Lamoille County, Hyde Park, Land Records, 1876-1903, can be found on Family Search (browse only images).
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Hyde Park Town Clerk's Office. These include Records of birth, marriage and death, 1820-Jan. 2000; indexes to births, deaths and marriages, 1789-1947, and Land records, 1790-1876.
Hyde Park Town Clerk
344 Route 15W
Hyde Park, VT 05655
Phone: (802) 888-2300
Libraries and Historical Societies
- ↑ About Hyde Park, Vermont - http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/hydepark.html#about
- ↑ Hyde Park, Vermont - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/LamoilleHydePark.html
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 03:39.
- This page has been accessed 1,003 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News