Idaho, County Birth and Death Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Idaho, County Birth and Death Records, 1883-1929 .
This Collection will include records from 1883-1929.
The collection consists of images of county birth and death registers for the following counties:
- Twin Falls
Some birth and deaths registers may extend beyond 1911.
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Idaho, County Birth and Death Records, 1883-1929.|
Information found in the Birth Registers may include the following:
- Full birth date
- Place of birth
- Name of Child
- Race or Color
- No. in Family
- Living or Stillborn
- Names of Parents
- Color of Parents
- Occupation of Father
- Birthplace of parents
- Age of parents
- Maiden Name of Mother
- Is child legitimate
The information found in the Death Registers may include the following:
- Death date with year
- Place of death
- Age at death
- Race or color
- Married or Single
- Cause of Death
- Duration of Illness
- Name of Parents
- Color of Parents
How to Use the Record
To begin your search, it would be helpful to know the following:
- Date of the event
- Place of the event
Search the Collection
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select "Record Type, Date Range and Volume" which takes you to the images.
Look at each image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
Using the Information
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Make a photocopy of the record, or extract the genealogical information needed. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. The information may also lead you to other records about your ancestors. The following examples show ways you can use the information:
- Use the names and relationships as a basis for compiling family groups.
- Use the names, date, and residence or place to locate the individual or family in the census.
- Use the names and places to locate additional records about the individual or family such as church and land records.
- Use ages listed to determine approximate birth dates.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- You may need to compare the information of more than one family or person to make this determination.
- If the record is a death record look for burial and probate records in the same location.
- If the record is a birth record look for records of the parents.
Unable to Find Your Ancestor?
- Check for variant spellings of the names.
- Search the records of neighboring counties.
- Search for an index. Local historical and genealogical societies often have indexes to local records.
|Don't overlook FHL Keyword Idaho, Vital Records items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see the wiki article Idaho Archives and Libraries. For additional information about this state see the wiki article Idaho.|
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Wiki Articles
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information; that is, cite your sources. This will help people find the record again and evaluate the reliability of the source. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records. Citations are available for the collection as a whole and each record or image individually.
- "Idaho, County Birth and Death Records, 1883-1929." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2015. Citing County Courthouses, Idaho.
|The citation for an image is available on each image in this collection by clicking Show Citation at the bottom left of the image screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Idaho, County Birth and Death Records, 1883-1929.|
- This page was last modified on 3 June 2015, at 05:39.
- This page has been accessed 5,330 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News