Illinois, Diocese of Belleville, Catholic Parish Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: To determine which digital records are likely to be found within a collection or to find missing images, see, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records (56000).
Question #1: Some records are missing. Where can the records be viewed?
Answer #1: See answers below for information about known missing records and respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- St. Clair > East St. Louis > St. Cyril > 1921-1932 Marriages > Images 6-12 were not captured by the camera operator, or are lost or destroyed. FamilySearch is not in possession of these pages.
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. How can I determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: The list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range existing in the collection:
- Alexander > Cairo > St. Patrick > Deaths 1863-1906 year span should be 1863-1956.
- Washington County > Posen > Our Lady of Perpetual Help > 1925-1956 year span should be 1942-1956. Earlier death records are found in 1901-1942 Deaths, First Communion, Confirmations starting on Image 15 of 59.
- St. Clair > Cahokia > Holy Family >1812-1825 Baptisms contains records for Repair and Restoration Laboratory in Images 2-6 of 54.
- Randolph > Red Bud > St John the Baptist > 1908-1917 Marriages contains Vermont land records. The 1908-1917 marriage records are found in Randolph > Red Bud > St John the Baptist > 1881-1931 Marriages starting on Image 28 of 42.
If additional problems are encountered with the collection, you can report them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If browsing the collection: please include the full browse path you used to get to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the image viewer window.
For example: Ilinois, Diocese of Bellville, Catholic Parish Records, 1729-1956 > St. Clair > Cahokia > Holy Family > 1838-1850 Deaaths > Image 7 of 74.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version.
Return to the Illinois, Diocese of Belleville, Catholic Parish Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Illinois, Diocese of Belleville, Catholic Parish Records, 1729-1956 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 7 May 2015, at 16:38.
- This page has been accessed 899 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News