Indiana, Ripley County, Osgood, Greendale Cemetery Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Indiana, Ripley County, Osgood, Greendale Cemetery Records, 1861-2007 .
This collection contains records from the Greendale Cemetery Association in Osgood, Indiana. The collection includes burial records, cemetery plots, and lists of veterans for the years 1861-2007.
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Indiana, Ripley County, Osgood, Greendale Cemetery Records, 1861-2007.|
- Full name of Deceased
- Date of Birth
- Date of death
- Name of Father
- Name of Mother
- Name of Mortuary
- Burial lot number
How to Use the Record
To begin your search it is helpful to know the following:
- Death date
Search the Collection
To search the collection:
⇒Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select the "Record Description" which takes you to the images
Look at each image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
Using the Information
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors. For example:
- Use the birth date or year to search for birth records.
- Use the birth date along with your relative’s names to find the family in census records.
- Use the locality and relative's name to locate church and land records.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- The name of the undertaker or mortuary could lead you to funeral and cemetery records, which often include the names and residences of other family members.
- Compile the entries for every person with the same surname. This is especially helpful for rural areas or unusual surnames.
- Continue to search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives of the deceased who may have been buried in the same cemetery or nearby. This can help you identify other generations of your family. Repeat this process for each new generation you identify.
- When looking for a person with a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
Unable to Find Your Ancestor?
- Check for variant spellings of the surnames.
- Search the indexes and records of nearby cemeteries.
|Don't overlook FHL Keyword Indiana, Ripley items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see the wiki article Indiana Archives and Libraries. For additional information about this county see the wiki article Ripley County, Indiana.|
Related Wiki Articles
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for this Collection
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information; that is, cite your sources. This will help people find the record again and evaluate the reliability of the source. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records. Citations are available for the collection as a whole and each record or image individually.
- “Indiana, Ripley County, Osgood, Greendale Cemetery Records, 1861-2007.” Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2015. Citing Greendale Cemetery Association, Osgood, Indiana.
|The citation for an image is available on each image in this collection by clicking Show Citation at the bottom left of the image screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Indiana, Ripley County, Osgood, Greendale Cemetery Records, 1861-2007.|
- This page was last modified on 3 June 2015, at 07:25.
- This page has been accessed 2,742 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News