Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Kudus, District Court Naturalization Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Kudus, District Court Naturalization Records, 1958-2013 .
Title in the Language of the Record
| This section is incomplete.
You can help by adding a translation of the title in the language of the records.
This collection contains naturalization and citizenship-related records from the District Court in Kudus, Central Java, Indonesia for the years 1958-2013. Indonesia is divided into regencies, (equivalent to a province), and Kudus is a regency on the island of Java. This collection includes the following records in Indonesian:
- Naturalisasi (Naturalization)
- Permohonan Akte Kelahiran Anak (Birth certificate application)
- Permohonan Gugatan (Lawsuit application)
The original records are located in the Kudus District Court (Pengadilan Negeri Kudus) in Indonesia.
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Kudus, District Court Naturalization Records, 1958-2013.|
For more information about these records, see the wiki article: Indonesia, Naturalization and Citizenship Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
Birth certificate applications may contain the following information:
- Child's Name and Gender
- Child's Birthdate and Birthplace
- Witnesses' Names
- Parents' Marriage Date and Place
- Father's Name, Age, Birthdate, and Birthplace
- Father's Religion, Occupation, and Residence
- Mother's Name, Age, Birthdate, and Birthplace
- Mother's Religion, Occupation, and Residence
- Parents' Marital Status at Marriage
Naturalization and citizenship records may contain the following information:
- Original and changed Name of the Individual
- Birthdate and Birthplace
- Names of parents
- Marriage Date and Place
- Names of Children and Children’s Birthdates and Birthplaces
- Name of Person declaring the Information
- Names of Witnesses
How to Use the Record
To search this collection, it would be helpful to know the following information:
- Name of ancestor
- Place of last residence (for records related to a change in citizenship)
- Approximate year of birth, immigration, or adoption
Search the Collection
To search by image:
To search the collection, you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the 'Record Type' category which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image, comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Indonesian. For help reading the records, see the following wiki article:
Tips to Keep in Mind
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
- Titles and the length of names may be clues to property ownership, occupations, rank, or status within the community.
- Continue to search the index and records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives.
- Be aware that, as with any index, transcription errors may occur.
- You may need to search the records of nearby localities (such as the Demak, Jepara, Pati, and Grobogan regencies).
General Information About These Records
Some images contain notes in Arabic script because the country’s major religion is Islam and Arabic is the language of Islam; however, the records in this collection are typewritten in Indonesian rather than Arabic because that is the national language.
|FHL Place Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Kudus items or FHL Keyword Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Kudus items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Indonesia Archives and Libraries.|
Related Wiki Articles
- Indonesia, Naturalization and Citizenship Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Indonesia Emigration and Immigration
- Indonesia Census
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information; that is, cite your sources. This will help people find the record again and evaluate the reliability of the source. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records. Citations are available for the collection as a whole and each record or image individually.
- “Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Kudus, District Court Naturalization Records, 1958-2013.” Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org: accessed 2015. Citing Pengadilan Negeri Kudus, Kudus, Indonesia.
|The citation for an image is available on each image in this collection by clicking Show Citation at the bottom left of the image screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Kudus, District Court Naturalization Records, 1958-2013.|
- This page was last modified on 5 August 2015, at 14:21.
- This page has been accessed 903 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News