Ingham, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Tunstead and Happing|
|Parish registers: 1800|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
INGHAM (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the Tunstead and Happing incorporation, hundred of Happing, E. division of Norfolk, 1½ mile (E. N. E.) from Stalham. 
Ingham Holy Trinity is an Ancient Parish in the Waxham deanery of the Diocese of Norwich. The church is part of the modern Stalham benefice.
Ingham written as ‘Hincham’ in the Domesday Book, means ‘seated in a meadow’.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Tunstead 1837-1869
- Smallburgh 1870-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
Ingham, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Ingham, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 310/ 1-9
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438861.
Poor Law Unions
For Tunstead and Happing see http://www.institutions.org.uk/workhouses/england/norf/smallburgh_workhouse.htm
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 611-614. Date accessed: 15 April 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Parish Registers Browse', findmypast, accessed 31 July 2015.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 14 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 31 July 2015, at 21:35.
- This page has been accessed 2,345 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News