Introduction-AbbreviationsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
AHL=Archiv der Hansestadt Lübeck, Mühlendamm 1-3, 23552 Lübeck www.schleswig-holstein.de/archive/kreis_frei/saluebec.html
Birkenfeld: Kreisarchiv Birkenfeld - Kreisverwaltung, Schlossallee 11, 55765 Birkenfeld - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BMO = Bischöflich Münstersches Offizialat, Bahnhofstr. 6, 49377. E-mail: Archiv@BMO-Vechta.de
Eutin: Stadtarchiv Eutin, Markt 1, 23701 Eutin www.schleswig-holstein.de/archiv/kreis_osth/saeutin.html. Holds a variety of emigration records; such as emigration statistics 1853-1938, 1933; emigrations of 1863 and 1902-1947; emigration authority 1872-99 protection of German emigrants - general records. No Church or Religious communities records. No records from cities, town or district records. Census records from 1755, 1819 and later years available.
KB = Kirchenbuch
KBdupl. = Kirchenbuchduplikat
KG = Lutheran: direct inquiries to the local parish. Catholic: direct inquiries to the BMO
LDS = Family History Library, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 35 North West Temple Street, Room 344, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84150-3440, www.familysearch.org
LSH = Landesarchiv Schleswig-Holstein, Prinzenpalais, 24837 Schleswig, www.schleswig-holstein.de/archive, E-mail: email@example.com
OKR = Archiv des Ev. Luth. Oberkirchenrates, Philosophenweg 1, 26121 Oldenburg, www.ev-kirche-oldenburg.de, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
StAO = Staatsarchiv Oldenburg, Damm 43, 26135 Oldenburg
The Oldenburg Gazetteer information has been compiled using the following resources:
1. Raymond S. Wright III, Nathan S. Rives, Mirjam J. Kirkham, Saskia Schier Bunting, Ancestors in German Archives, A Guide to Family History Sources; Baltimore, Maryland : Genealogical Pub. Co. Inc, c2004.
2. FamilySearch Catalog. 
3. "German Archives: FHL Archive Inventory", FHL B1 International Reference Desk Computer, 35 W. Temple, SLC UT 84150
4. Oldenburgische Gesellschaft für Familienkunde e. V.,Kirchspielverzeichnis 1814, 7/7/2009. 
5. Hansen, Kevan M. Map Guide to German Parish Registers, Oldenburg, vol. 4 , North Salt Lake, Utah: Heritage Creations, c2004
6. Meyer's Orts- und Verkehrs=Lexikon Des Deutschen Reich. Leipzig: Bibliographisches Institut 1912
7. Ortschaftsverzeichnis des Grossherzogtums Oldenburg 1911; Oldenburg : Ad. Littmann, 1911
Note: The former area of Birkenfeld, Oldenburg is geographically located within modern Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany. The former Birkenfeld records have been distributed within the Rheinland-Pfalz archives.
The former area of Lübeck, Oldenburg is geographically located within modern Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. The former Lübeck records have been distributed within the Schleswig-Holstein archives. Originally the attempt was made to identify the archives holding the Birkenfeld and Lübeck records. This proved to be too time consuming based on the size of the project at hand. Below are listed the available archive address for Lübeck and Birkenfeld.
If the archive you contact does not have the holdings for your Birkenfeld and Lübeck cities, they would be able to direct you to the correct archive. The Family History Library has microfilmed the records of Birkenfeld and Lübeck. These records can be accessed at the Family History Library located in Salt Lake City, Utah, or can be ordered through a local Family History Library Center. See www.familysearch.org - Library - Family History Centers to locate a Center near you.
- This page was last modified on 25 July 2014, at 18:07.
- This page has been accessed 971 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News