Invergordon Scotland Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your centre here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Centre Contacts and Hours
- 64 High Street Invergordon Ross-shire
- The main church entrance is on the High Street but the family history centre is in an annex to the main building, through a gateway at the side. If the gateway is locked then access is from Clyde Street at the rear of the building where there are two car parks. Parking is also possible on the main street.
Phone: 01349 853292
Open Hours: normally Wed 2-4 and 7-9 pm but additional in the summer - see upcoming events
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 3 computers. printer. scanner, microfilm and microfiche readers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Alness Heritage Centre with a dedicated room for local family history
Highland Archives at Inverness with a direct link to Scotland's people resources: £15 daily charge for unlimited access to all main Scottish family history records
Alness Heritage Centre: Link
Invergordon Archive: Link
Seaboard villages history: Link
Highland Archives: Link
Volunteer at the Centre
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2016, at 04:14.
- This page has been accessed 981 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News