Iowa Divorce RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Iowa divorce records have been kept since about 1834, when the first Iowa county was formed. They may provide: a person’s age, the divorce date, maiden name of wife, marriage date and place, occupation, childrens’ names, names of other family members, and places the family lived. Early divorce proceedings are in the district court of each county, and beginning in 1906, transcribed copies of divorce records were sent to the state.
Family History Library
The Family History Library has copies of the following divorce records:
- Prior to 1906 (a few counties)
- 1906–mid 1900s (many counties)
Use the Keyword Search feature on catalog drop down menu of the Family History Library Catalog to find more records under:
- IOWA, [COUNTY] - DIVORCE RECORDS
- Iowa Divorce Records you can request divorce records online.
Sources and Footnotes
- This page was last modified on 29 May 2011, at 03:35.
- This page has been accessed 5,090 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback