Italy, Catania, Catania, Civil Registration, Comune (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: I get a message “Image not Available” for some of the records even when I am signed in. Can I view these records?
Answer #1: Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians. Italian Data Privacy rules prohibit viewing the following records: All birth images must be 100 years or older; all marriage images must be 70 years or older, and all death images must be 70 years or older.
If any record on a digital folder contains birth records from the last 100 years, for example, the entire digital folder is restricted.
The Historical Records collections will be updated each year to show new unrestricted records. FamilySearch respects and strives to adhere to all privacy laws respective to preserving and providing access to genealogical records in its collection.
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Catania > Indici decennali (nati) 1886-1895 (Sezione A-B) records are duplicated in Indici decennali (nati, A-C) 1886-1895. Indici decennali (nati, A-C) 1886-1895 should read 1886-1905 since it contains both 1886-1895 and 1896-1905 records
- Catania > Indici decennali (nati, D-G) 1886-1895 should read Indici decennali (nati, D-G) 1896-1905
- Catania > Indici decennali (morti) 1896-1905 also contains two sets of index records for marriages 1896-1905 starting on Image 362 and Image 1086. There is also a browse point specifically for those years Catania > Indici decennali (matrimoni) 1896-1905 (A-Z).
- Catania > Indici decennali (matrimoni) 1896-1905 (A-Z): additional records can be found in Catania > Indici decennali (morti) 1896-1905.
- Catania > Matrimoni 1825 (Sezione I) should read > Catania > Matrimoni 1825 (Sezione I-II)
- Catania > Matrimoni 1825 (Sezione II) should read > Catania > Matrimoni 1825 (Sezione III-IV)
- Catania > Matrimoni 1825 (Sezione III) should read 1825 (Sezione V).
- Catania > Matrimoni 1826 (Sezione I) should read > Catania > Matrimoni 1826 (Sezione I-II)
- Catania > Matrimoni 1826 (Sezione II) should read > Catania > Matrimoni 1826 (Sezione III-VI)
Question #3: At Catania > Nati 1900 (Sezione IV, PII), there appears to be missing images. Birth Record Numbers 1682-1684 should be after image 162 but are not. How can I see these records?
Answer #3: Unfortunately, these images were either missed in filming or were not available. There is no microfilm of these records.
Question #4: When searching this collection for > Catania > Morti 1839 (Sezione 1-2) I find it confusing to search because some of the records are out of order. How can I find the images for which I am searching?
Answer #4: It is true that the order is not always sequential but the records are there. Listed below are the records that are out of sequential order and where to find them (i.e. the Image Number).
- Image 139 is record 130 - month of June
- Next image is record 231 (instead of 131) October.
- Image 150 is record 239 October.
- Image 151 is record 140 June
- Image 244 is same person as Image 140 but a different image (you can quickly see that 244 has certain words crossed out where 140 does not)
Question #5: I cannot find the names beginning with Letter A through L in the Catania > Indici decennali (morti) 1866-1875 or in Catania > Indici > decennali (morti) 1875-1885. How do I find it?
Answer #5: Unfortunately, there is only the last half of the alphabet on this film. Names beginning with letters A through Z have not been captured. There is no film, so there is no workaround.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Italy, Catania, Catania, Civil Registration (Comune), 1820-1905 > Diversi 1820 (Sezione II) > Image 120 of 356.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Italy, Catania, Catania, Civil Registration, Comune (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Italy, Catania, Catania, Civil Registration (Comune), 1820-1905 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 11 February 2015, at 03:59.
- This page has been accessed 673 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News