Italy, Forlì-Cesena, Forlì, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Italy, Forlì-Cesena, Forlì, Civil Registration (State Archive), 1806-1815, 1866-1930 .
Title in the Language of the Records
Stato Civile di Forlì-Cesena, Italia
The collection consists of civil registration (stato civile) of births, marriages, and deaths within the custody of the State Archive of Forlì (Archivio di Stato di Forlì-Cesena). Also includes marriage banns (notificazioni o pubblicazioni); marriage memorandums (atti di memorandum); marriage supplemental documents (processetti); annotations to death records (annotazioni di morte); and miscellaneous records (atti diversi). Records for this collection generally cover the years 1806 to 1815 and 1866 to 1930 but the availability is largely dependent on time period and locality.
These records are written in Italian.
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Italy, Forlì-Cesena, Forlì, Civil Registration (State Archive), 1806-1815, 1866-1930.|
For additional details about the contents of these records, their history, and help using them see the wiki article: Italy, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records).
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
How to Use the Record
This section provides information on how to search the collection, help reading Italian records, what to do with information once found, some tips on how to find records, and what to do if no record is found.
As you are searching, it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor's given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence, estimated birth, marriage, or death year, and family relationships.
Search the Collection
To browse by image:
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the "Province" category
⇒Select the "Comune or frazione" category
⇒Select the "Record Type and Year" category which takes you to the images
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
For help reading the records see the following wiki articles:
Using the Information
- Use the estimated age at marriage or death to calculate a birth date.
- Make a note of the bride’s maiden name on a marriage record to search her family line
- Note individuals listed as witnesses or godparents. Witnesses and godparents were often relatives.
- Your ancestor may have been married in the same locality where she or he was born. Search marriage records for that locality to find your ancestor’s marriage.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
- Continue to search the index and records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives who may have lived nearby.
- Remember that a baptism date is not always the same as a birth date.
- Sometimes a person is buried in a city or town in which they did not die. Do not assume that a burial place is the same as a death place.
Unable to Find Your Ancestor?
- Check for variant spellings of the names.
- Search the records of nearby localities.
- The scope of these records is limited and it is possible that your ancestor is not included, even if they lived in the corresponding place and time.
|Don't overlook FHL Keyword Italy, Forlì Cesena items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Italy Archives and Libraries.|
Related Wiki Articles
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Italy, Forlì-Cesena, Forlì, Civil Registration (State Archive), 1806-1815, 1866-1930." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Citing Archivio di Stato di Forlì [Forli State Archives].
|The citation for an image is available on each image in this collection by clicking Show Citation at the bottom left of the image screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Italy, Forlì-Cesena, Forlì, Civil Registration (State Archive), 1806-1815, 1866-1930.|
- This page was last modified on 22 January 2016, at 17:42.
- This page has been accessed 2,492 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News