Italy, Napoli, Cedolari (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
Title in the Language of the Records
Italia, Napoli, Cedolari, 1639-1806
The collection consists of records containing information pertaining to the transmission of inheritances of the feudal lords among the noble Neapolitan families. The records are arranged by historical province. Original records are in possession of the State Archive of Napoli (Archivio di Stato di Napoli).
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
The records contain the following information:
- Name of property owner
- Their relationship to the head of household
- Description of property
- Names of heirs
- Document dates
- Location of property
- Presiding courts
How to Use the Record
To begin your search it is helpful to know the following:
- Identifying information such as approximate date or names of other family members
Search the Collection
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the appropriate "Province"
⇒Select the appropriate "Comune or Frazione"
⇒Select the appropriate "Record Type and Year" which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
For Help Reading These Records
For help reading the records see the following wiki articles:
Using the Information
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. You should also look for leads to other records about your family. For example:
- Use the court date to approximate a birth date.
- Use the place and time frame to search the civil registration and church records.
- Use the names and relationships to establish family groups.
Unable to Find Your Ancestor?
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for nicknames and abbreviated names.
- Search the indexes and records of nearby localities.
|Don't overlook FHL Keyword Italy, Napoli items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Italy Archives and Libraries.|
To locate cultural or historical information about a specific locality, or to determine in which municipality a hamlet (frazione) is located, use either of the following websites:
Related Wiki Articles
- Italy, Napoli Historical Records Collections
- Italy, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- “Italy, Napoli, Cedolari, 1639-1806.” Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2015. Citing Archivio di Stato di Napoli, Napoli, Italy.
|The citation for an image will be available on each image once the collection is published.|
- This page was last modified on 26 August 2015, at 01:10.
- This page has been accessed 430 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News