Italy, Salerno, Vallo della Lucania Civil Registration, Tribunale (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: I get a message “Image not Available” for some of the records even when I am signed in. How can I view these records?
Answer #1: Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians. Italian Data Privacy rules prohibit viewing the following records: All birth images must be 100 years or older; all marriage images must be 70 years or older, and all death images must be 70 years or older. If any record on a digital folder contains birth records from the last 100 years, for example, the entire digital folder is restricted.
The Historical Records collections will be updated each year to show new unrestricted records. FamilySearch respects and strives to adhere to all privacy laws respective to preserving and providing access to genealogical records in its collection.
Question #2: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer #2: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Perdifumo > Morti 1866-1884 browse point ends with the 1878 register title page. The registers for 1878-1884 are not available on microfilm.
Question #3: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #3: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Additional records for Porcili or Stella Cilento (formerly Porcili) can be found mixed in with the records located in the browse path for Sessa Cilento.
- Serramezzana > Pubblicazioni 1866-1884 year span should be 1866-1894.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Italy, Salerno, Vallo della Lucania, Civil Registration (Tribunale), 1866-1929 > Castellabate > Nati 1866 > Image 6 of 55.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Italy, Salerno, Vallo della Lucania Civil Registration, Tribunale (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Italy, Salerno, Vallo della Lucania, Civil Registration (Tribunale), 1866-1929 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 11 February 2015, at 05:14.
- This page has been accessed 677 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More