Italy, Torino, Torino, Military Conscriptions, Comune (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Italy, Torino, Torino, Military Conscriptions (Comune), 1790-1886 .
Title in the Language of the Record
Italia, Torino, Torino, Liste di Leva (Comune)
This collection contains military conscription lists (liste di leva) within the custody of the town of Torino (Comune di Torino). The records cover the years 1790 to 1886.
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Italy, Torino, Torino, Military Conscriptions (Comune), 1790-1886.|
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
Conscription lists usually contain the following information:
- Birth date
- Birth place
- Parents' names
How to Use the Record
To begin your search it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor
- Identifying information such as residence, age, and family relationships. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
Search the Collection
⇒ Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒ Select the "Registro e L'Anno" category which takes you to the images.
Look at each image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
Using the Information
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors.
These records are in Italian. For help reading the records see the wiki articles:
Unable to Find Your Ancestor?
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for nicknames and abbreviated names.
- Search the indexes and records of nearby localities.
|Don't overlook FHL Keyword Italy, Torino items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Italy Archives and Libraries.|
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Wiki Articles
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Italy, Torino, Torino, Military Conscriptions (Comune), 1790-1886." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2015. Citing Archivio Storico della Città di Torino (Torino Historical Archives), Torino, Italy.
|The citation for an image is available on each image in this collection by clicking Show Citation at the bottom left of the image screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Italy, Torino, Torino, Military Conscriptions (Comune), 1790-1886.|
- This page was last modified on 6 August 2015, at 14:54.
- This page has been accessed 3,618 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News