Italy, Treviso, Treviso, Civil Registration, Tribunale (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Document 114052, How to use Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions on ordering microfilm as well as finding a local FamilySearch Center where you can view the films.
Question #1: When searching Italy, Treviso, Treviso (Tribunale) 1871-1841 > Treviso some of the morti and nati images do not load. Are these images available for viewing?
Answer #1: FamilySearch is aware that images for this browse point are not available. A blank or black screen will appear without any tools or the ability to move from image to image. Engineers are aware of this problem and are working to resolve it. There are no microfilms of these images. Below we have the list of those images that currently do not load for viewing:
> Treviso> Morti 1905
> Treviso> Morti 1906
> Treviso> Morti 1907
> Treviso> Morti 1908
> Treviso> Morti 1909
> Treviso> Morti 1910
> Treviso> Morti 1911
> Treviso> Morti 1912
> Treviso> Morti 1913
> Treviso> Morti 1915
> Treviso> Morti 1917
Question #2: When browsing through a locality I’m unable to advance to the next image. Is there a way to continue browsing?
Answer #2: The following locations have images missing intermittently, i.e., images 1-11 are visible; however, you can’t advance to image 12 using the right arrow. The workaround to jump over gaps is to type a higher number (i.e., 13) into the image box and hit the “enter” key. These gaps may be encountered throughout the browse where you will need to use the workaround to jump over gaps.
|Treviso||San Polo di Piave||Matrimoni||1882-1886|
|Treviso||San Polo di Piave||Matrimoni||1893-1897|
|Treviso||San Polo di Piave||Matrimoni, pubblicazioni||1907-1910|
|Treviso||San Polo di Piave||Matrimoni||1876-1901|
|Treviso||San Polo di Piave||Matrimoni||1881-1886|
|Treviso||San Polo di Piave||Matrimoni, pubblicazioni||1901-1906|
|Treviso||San Polo di Piave||Matrimoni, pubblicazioni||1892-1900|
|Treviso||San Polo di Piave||Matrimoni||1887-1892|
|Treviso||San Polo di Piave||Matrimoni, pubblicazioni||1875-1880|
Question #3: I get a message “Image not Available” for some of the records even when I am signed in. Can I view these records? Some were previously available; have some records been removed?
Answer #3: Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians.
Italian Data Privacy rules prohibit viewing the following records: All birth images must be 100 years or older; all marriage images must be 70 years or older, and all death images must be 70 years or older. If any record on a digital folder contains birth records from the last 100 years, for example, the entire digital folder is restricted. The Historical Records collections will be updated each year to show new unrestricted records.
FamilySearch respects and strives to adhere to all privacy laws respective to preserving and providing access to genealogical records in its collections.
Question #4: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer #4: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location.
- All of Comune o frazione: Morgano records can be found in Comune o frazione: Moriago.
- San Fior > Nati 1879-1880 is missing the image containing Page 10 of the original records which should have followed Image 106 or Page 9. The film does not contain this page either.
Question #5: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #5: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Asolo > Nati 1902-1903, 1906-1907 belongs in Pederobba > Nati 1902-1903, 1906-1907.
- Conegliano > Nati 1887, 1885 correct locality is Cordignano.
- Cordignano > Pubblicazioni 1934, 1929, 1922, 1920, 1916, 1914, 1912, AND Pubblicazioni 1939-1941, 1930-1933, 1935-1936 correct locality is Gaiarine.
- Fonte > morti 1882, 1901-1902, 19...892, 1907-1910, 1885-1887 does not contain records for 1885-1887.
- Gaiarine > Matrimoni 1892-1894, 1890, 1881-1883, 1870 year span should be 1892-1894, 1890, 1881-1883, 1876.
- Gorgo al Monticano > Nati 1897-1900 are really Indexes of these years.
- Mareno > Nati 1871-1906 year span should be 1871, 1879, 1902, 1905 and 1906.
- Montebelluna > Nati 1888 contains both 1888 and 1889 records. Nati 1888 actually contain the following:
- Images 1-20 are births 1888,
- Images 21-259 are actually Jan 1889-Dec 1889,
- Images 260-262 are actually Births (part 2)
- The birth records (part 1) - for acts #1 and 2 - for the year 1889 are 'missing.' Additionally, the cover page for Births (part 1) for 1889 is missing. Since this is a Field Express collection, there are no films to use as a work-around.
- All the records in Moriago (Comune o frazione) should be in Comune o frazione Morgano, which does not currently exist.
- Pederobba > Nati 1902-1903, 1906-1907 records can be found in Asolo > Nati 1902-1903, 1906-1907.
- In the browse point San Pietro di Feletto > Morti 1874, 1878-1879, 1881-1889, 1892-1895, the correct locality for the Morti 1874 records is San Pietro di Barbozza.
- Susegana > Matrimoni 1905, 1910-1911, is actually Susegana > Morti 1905, 1910-1911.
- Susegana > Morti 1921-1922, 1883-1884, actually contains Susegana > Morti 1921-1922 and Births 1883-1884.
Question #6: When searching this collection for Nati (birth) records for the town of Vittorio Veneto, the browse points are all there, but when I click on them, I get a white screen, with no tools or arrows for advancing. How will I find these images?
Answer #6: The engineers are aware of this problem and are working to correct it. Unfortunately, there is no film to refer to for a work around.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example:Italy, Treviso, Treviso, Civil Registration (Tribunale), 1871-1941 > Mareno > Nati 1871-1906 > Image 1 of 504
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Italy, Treviso, Treviso, Civil Registration, Tribunale (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Italy, Treviso, Treviso, Civil Registration (Tribunale), 1871-1941 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 8 May 2014, at 21:49.
- This page has been accessed 232 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback