Jacksonville Florida East Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 7665 Fort Caroline Rd Jacksonville FL 32277-2214 United States
- This is not a mailing address.
- Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- Entrance at the back.
- Please ring the bell.
- Tuesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday:10:00am-2:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
Closed the first Saturday in March, April and October: Thanksgiving week: Last two weeks of December:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Tuesdays September 10th, 17th, and 24th 2013 at 7:00pm Traning on Family Tree
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- over 1500 books
- over 1400 films on extended loan
- over 1500 fiche
- data base of names submitted to the center with about 47,000 names currently listed
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 6 computers
- 3 microfilm readers
- 1 microfiche reader
- 1scanner for both film and fiche
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 19 August 2014, at 15:10.
- This page has been accessed 1,814 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More