Jamaica, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: The browse path only includes Digital Folder Numbers. How can I find the records I am looking for?
Answer #1: See Browsing images with film numbers as the browse points (53900).
Question #2: Some indexed records have name, event place or date errors. How can I determine the correct information?
Answer #2: View the document to verify the correct information. The event place and date can also be checked by searching the Catalog using the film number included in the record detail page. See Finding microfilm numbers in the catalog (55632). A list of known problems below provides correct indexing information:
- Entries with a Name: [Blank] have no name listed in the original birth record.
- Entries with Event Place: Jamaica do not include the full place name, and are considered for re-indexing in the future.
- Film 538790, DGS 004492562, images 1572, 1576, 1578, 1580, and 1581 erroneously includes Father’s Name: Azariah Rehoboam. The father’s name field is actually blank.
- Film 1523302, DGS 004540730 was indexed with Event Place: [District], Saint Andrew, Jamaica. The correct Parish is Westmoreland, Jamaica.
Question #3: I find that some images are blurry. Are the images available on microfilm?
Answer #3: Microfilms associated with blurry online records are listed below:
- Film 1855164 – however, the microfilm is also blurry.
If additional problems are encountered with the collection, you can report them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If searching the collection: please include the name of the collection, and all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing the collection: please include the full browse path you used to get to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the image viewer window.
For example: Jamaica, Civil Registration, 1880-1999 > 004492562 > Image 1572 of 2058.
- For technical issues: please include operating system and browser version.
Return to the Jamaica, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Jamaica, Civil Registration, 1880-1999 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 18 May 2015, at 01:26.
- This page has been accessed 930 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News