Jesse's Battalion, Kentucky Mounted Riflemen (Confederate)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
"Units of the Confederate States Army" by Joseph H. Crute, Jr. contains no history for this unit. 
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Company A - Many men mustered in from Owen County.
Company B - Many men mustered in from Boone County.
Company C - Many men mustered in from Richmond, Madison County.
The record for this Regiment's Company is from the book, Report of the Adjutant General of the State of Kentucky, Vol. II, Confederate Kentucky Volunteers War 1861-65. (U/S CAN 976.9 M2rc) 
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Kentucky in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Kentucky in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Kentucky, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- ↑ National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).
- ↑ Kentucky, Adjutant General, Report of the Adjutant General of the State of Kentucky, (Civil War, Confederate Vol. II, 1861-1865, Pg.400-407. FHL US/CAN book 976.9 M2rc
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 04:44.
- This page has been accessed 799 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More