Jewish Genealogy ResearchEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Did you know?
- Columbus took Jews with him in hopes they could translate Oriental languages.
- Jewish births are sometimes listed in local church records.
- Emma Lazarus, daughter of Sephardic Jews, wrote the famous poem inscribed on the Statue of Liberty, "give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses..."
- Jews are the oldest group with their national identity and cultural heritage intact.
Key Internet Links
- International Assoc. of Jewish Genealogical Societies over 75 groups
- Sephardim.com for Sephardic genealogy / Jewish genealogy research
- Yad Vashem - Israeli Holocaust Museum and database
- Synagogue Scribes London Ashkenazi Synagogue records database
- JewishGen databases and tools to help find family members
- The_Knowles_Collection - 615,000 individuals with genealogical details and family connections.
- Federation of East European Family History Societies fosters research
- American Jewish Historical Society books, photos, art and artifacts
- Cemetery Scribes recording tombstone inscriptions in the UK
- Ancestry.com Jewish Family History Collection world's largest online
- Center for Jewish History databases, collections, guides, and events
- EllisIsland.org NY passenger lists of 20 million immigrants. See also:
- For more websites click here:
- How to Start Your Family History Simple steps to begin your family history.
- State Research Guides Individual guides to finding records and indexes in each U.S. state.
- Research Outline Jewish Genealogy
Things you can do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
- ↑ Joseph Aaron, "Fun Jewish Facts" in Jewish News Online at http://www.chicagojewishnews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338 (accessed 15 August 2009).
- This page was last modified on 28 March 2014, at 22:23.
- This page has been accessed 12,307 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback