Johannes, Oslo, Norway GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Johannes, Norway ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records
Images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet.
History of the parish
Johannes parish was established according to a Royal resolution July 10, 1874 by taking an area bordered by Kongens gate, Karl Johans gate, Drammensveien, Munkedamsveien, Enga and Pipervikbukta from Trefoldighet parish.
By Royal resolution September 28, 1897 the borders were changed to go along Akersus fort from Pipervika to Nedre Slotts gate, Karl Johans gate, Drammensveien, Parkveien, Munkedamsveien to the water by Filipstad.
In 1911 Piperviken chapel was created in the district between Ruseløkkveien, Stortingsgata, Rosenkrantz gate and the ocean.
Johannes parish was discontinued in 1929 and the area was included in Vor Frelsor parish.
- This page was last modified on 1 June 2015, at 19:03.
- This page has been accessed 826 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News