Jones County, Alabama GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
(Redirected from Jones County, Alabama)
- 1867--Jones County was formed 4 February 1867 from parts of Jackson, and Blount counties, and the Cherokee Cession.
- 1867--Abolished 3 November 1867 and returned to parent counties (Jackson and Blount).
- 1868--Sanford County was organized from the territory originally assigned to Jones County on 8 October 1868.
- 1877--Sanford County renamed 1877 to Lamar County.
For Jones County records, see Lamar County, Alabama.
- This page was last modified on 5 February 2015, at 20:45.
- This page has been accessed 3,242 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News