Kansas MapsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The following statewide atlases for Kansas may be helpful to you:
- Baughman, Robert W. Kansas in Maps. Topeka, Kansas: Kansas State Historical Society, 1961. (Family History Library book Q 978.1 E7br.) The history of the state is depicted in a variety of maps. *
- Baughman, Robert W.: A Collection of Digitized Kansas Maps *
- Official State Atlas of Kansas. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: L.H. Everts, 1887. Reprint. Kansas Council of Genealogical Societies, 1982. (Family History Library book Q 978.1 E7o.) This includes many city plats, township maps, and directories of residents. *
- Socolofsky, Homer E., and Huber Self. Historical Atlas of Kansas. Norman, Oklahoma: University of Oklahoma Press, 1972. (Family History Library book 978.1 E3s.) *
- United States Census Bureau State and County Map. This map will allow you to zoom in on any state or county in the United States and read the names of all of the neighboring counties. *
- David Rumsey Map Collection has numerous historical maps of Kansas at his website. His focus is mostly 18th and 19th Century maps.
- My Genealogy Hound has free access to historic county maps for some Kansas Counties.
- State map of Kansas showing the location of each Kansas County is on Hearthstone Legacy.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 02:09.
- This page has been accessed 3,040 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News