Kauai Hawaii Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Kaua'i Hawaii Stake's Family History Center offers services the residents of the Island of Kaua'i as well as visitors from the Mainland or other islands who often drop by requesting help in locating their Kaua'i relatives. There are also two ward Family History Centers one in Hanalei and the other in Kekaha.
enter Contacts and Hours
- 4580 Ehiku Rd Lihue Kauai HI 96766 United States
- If you are traveling north at the stop light on the corners of Hilo Hattie and ATT, turn left and travel about 3 blocks until you come to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints [it has a big blue roof].
- Parking is available in the church's parking lot or along Ehiku Street, fronting the chapel area.
- The Family History Center is located in the classroom area and has a Family History Center sign with the hours listed.
- Language: English but have available various Filipino dialects, Hawaiian, Spanish, Portuguese, and Japanese. If you need a language other than English, please call for an appointment.
- Monday, Friday and Saturday by appointment
- Tuesday: 5:30 pm-8:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am-12:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am-12:00 pm and 12:00 pm-3:00 pm
- When you plan to come to the Family History Center please call 1-808-246-9119 to make sure someone is at the center.
Closed on all State and Federal Holidays.
Calendar and Events
Address: 4587 Amakihi Road Kekaha, Hawaii 96752
Kekaha Ward Family History Hours are: Tuesday 10:00 am-1:00 pm
Wednesday 7:00 pm- 9:00 pm
Thursday by appt Only
Family History Director: Bev Bouche
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Microfilms of Hawaiian Genealogy
- Some microfilms from Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- Kenneth Kauluwehi's partial collection of Hawaiian Genealogy
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
Tuesdays: Pua Baptista
Wednesdays: Frank & Sylvia Kakazu
Thursdays: Nyoka Kahoekapu, Lynn Takenaka
Hanalei Branch volunteers: Sister Hawkes & Director Sister Isom
808-639-9403 Lynne for info and appointment
Kekaha Ward volunteers: Director Beverly Bouche & Ulu Edwards
337-1494 or 337-2222 for info and appointment
Family History Consultant
Assistant Director: Lillian Nero: 823-9561 Stake Family History Sprcialist: Lavern Silva 808-651-7824
Kalaheo Ward: Consultant/Indexer Paul and Nani Higa: 808-742-8306 call them anytime.
- This page was last modified on 8 September 2015, at 21:42.
- This page has been accessed 1,825 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News