Kenosha Wisconsin Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
THIS CENTER SERVES KENOSHA AND RACINE COMMUNITIES AND THE SURROUNDING AREA
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1444 30th Ave N Kenosha WI 53144 United States
- 1-262-552-7816 office
- 1-262-880-4978 director (Mary-Ann Abbott)
- Tuesday: (2nd and 4th) 10:00am-12:00pm
- Tuesday: 6:30-8:00pm
*2015 Scheduled Closings: May 13th and 14th, June 29th-July 4th, Nov 4th and 5th, Nov 23rd- 28th, Dec 2, 2014-Jan 3rd, 2016
- May be closed unexpectedly for inclement weather! Please call the director if you have questions...
History Center Features offered:
Premium Online Websites
- The library provides free use of several family history research websites that normally require a subscription fee for access. Visit the library to see a listing of the available sites. Shown below are many popular ones:
- My Heritage
- Find My Past
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Alexander Street Press-the American Civil War
- the Genealogist
- World Vital Records and much more
We also have access to microfilms, microfiche.
*We always have Family History Consultants here who donate their time to assist you.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- There are some microfilms and microfiche on site for patrons' use
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The center has 4 computers, 2 film readers, a microfiche reader with a state-of-the-art scanner/printer
- This page was last modified on 29 January 2015, at 05:47.
- This page has been accessed 1,283 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More