Kenosha Wisconsin Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
THIS CENTER SERVES KENOSHA AND RACINE COMMUNITIES AND THE SURROUNDING AREAS
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1444 30th Ave N Kenosha WI 53144 United States
- Language: English (we have access to Spanish-Speaking - call for appointment)
- 1-262-552-7816 office
- 1-262-880-4978 director (Mary-Ann Abbott)
- Tuesday: (1st and 3rd) 10:00am-12:00pm
- Tuesday: 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday: 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursday: 10:00am-12:00pm
* 2016 Scheduled Closings: May 11 & 12, Jul 4-10, Nov 3 & 4, Nov 21-27, Dec 26-Jan 1, 2017
- May be closed unexpectedly for inclement weather! Please call the director if you have questions...(262)880-4978 (Mary-Ann Abbott)
History Center Features offered:
Premium Online Websites
- The library provides free use of several family history research websites that normally require a subscription fee for access. Visit the library to see a listing of the available sites. Shown below are many popular ones:
Access Newspaper Archive
Alexander Street Press, American Civil War
19th Century British Library Newspapers digital archive
Create Your Who Do You think You Are? Story for free
...1911 British Census(England and Wales)
Historic Map Works Library Edition
MyHeritage- Library Edition
ProQuest Obituary Listings
World Vital Records
...and much more...
We also have access to microfilms, microfiche.
*We always have Family History Consultants here who donate their time to assist you.
Calendar and Events
*Class Schedule: Indexing on the first Thursday evening of every month (Except May) 6:00pm - 8:30pm
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- There are some microfilms and microfiche on site for patrons' use
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The center has 4 computers, 2 film readers, a microfiche reader with a state-of-the-art scanner/printer
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2016, at 04:13.
- This page has been accessed 1,835 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News