Kent, England Probate Jurisdictions for Parishes Beginning with AEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Here is the list of Kent places beginning with the letter A, and the pre-1858 courts that had probate jurisdiction over each.
The courts listed for each place are those that had jurisdiction over probating wills prior to 1858. To use this table, follow these steps.
1. Find the place where your ancestor lived in the first column.
2. Click on the court name in the second column to learn where to find the records and indexes.
3. Click on each name of the court in the third column if the record isn't found in the first court.
4. Search last the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
If no will is found, your ancestor may not have left one.
- This page was last modified on 19 January 2013, at 22:54.
- This page has been accessed 467 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News