Kent Probate Jurisdictions for Parishes Beginning with F and GEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Here is a list of the places of Kent beginning with the letters F and G and the pre-1858 ecclesiastical probate courts that had jurisdiction over each.
For other parishes, click on the letter the parish name begins with.
The courts listed for each place are those that had jurisdiction over probating wills prior to 1858. To use this table, follow these steps.
1. In the first column, find the place where your ancestor lived.
2. In the second column, click on the court name to learn where to find the records and indexes.
3. If the record isn't found in the primary court, search the records for the secondary courts in the order listed.
4. If the record still isn't found, search the records for the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
If no will is found, your ancestor may not have left one.
- This page was last modified on 19 January 2013, at 23:05.
- This page has been accessed 665 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback