Kent Probate Jurisdictions for Parishes Beginning with T through VEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Here is a list of the places of Kent beginning with the letters T through V and the pre-1858 ecclesiastical probate courts that had jurisdiction over each.
The courts listed for each place are those that had jurisdiction over probating wills prior to 1858. To use this table, follow these steps.
1. In the first column, find the place where your ancestor lived.
2. In the second column, click on the court name to learn where to find the records and indexes.
3. If the record isn't found in the primary court, search the records for the secondary courts in the order listed.
4. If the record still isn't found, search the records for the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
If no will is found, your ancestor may not have left one.
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 23:57.
- This page has been accessed 745 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More