Kilmeston, Hampshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Kilmeston, Hampshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Alresford PLU|
|Parish registers: 1661; For more records see Cheriton|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1780|
|Probate Court||Pre-1845 - Court of the Peculiar of Cheriton with Kilmeston and Tichborne; Post-1844 - Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Hampshire Record Office|
KILMESTON, a parish, in the union of Alresford, hundred of Fawley, Winchester and N. divisions of the county of Southampton, 4½ miles (S.) from Airesford..
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Kilmeston, Hampshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|KILMESTON PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288804.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hampshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848), pp. 672-674. Date accessed: 11 June 2013.
- ↑ 'Over 1.4 million new Hampshire parish records published', Find My Past, accessed 3 October 2013. Date ranges are not clearly identified.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hampshire, England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 8 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 30 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 12 June 2015, at 12:07.
- This page has been accessed 1,844 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News