King's Bromley, Staffordshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to King's Bromley, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|King's Bromley, Staffordshire|
|Poor Law Union||Lichfield PLU|
|Parish registers: 1673|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1632|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of Alrewas and Weeford|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
BROMLEY (King's), or Bromley-Regis, a parish in Lichfield district, Stafford; on the river Trent, 2¾ miles E of Armitage r. station, and 5 N of Lichfield. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Staffordshire BMD have indexes for births marriages and deaths. Due to March 2011 reorganisation of the registration service for South Staffordshire districts the historical registration indexes for this district have been located at the Newcastle under Lyme registration district (formerly held at Lichfield) and applications for certificates need to be directed there. Please refer to the "Updates" page of Staffordshire BMD for further information.
King's Bromley parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (findmypast) - (£)|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|KING'S BROMLEY PARISH (1673) Online Records|
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap 1632-1852 Mar 1632-1984 Bur 1632-1961 (partly Bishop's transcripts)
Lichfield Record Office holdings of Bishop's Transcripts Bap 1632-1869 Mar 1632-1837 Bur 1632-1868
Many of Staffordshire's Parish Register entries have been transcribed in full by Staffordshire Freereg and can be searched for free.
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in King's Bromley, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474613.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Bromley
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 11 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 12 August 2014.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 18 September 2013.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 28 April 2015, at 22:08.
- This page has been accessed 2,782 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News