Kirkland Washington Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Kirkland Washington Family History Center, located at the Kirkland Washington Stake Center at 7910 NE 132nd Street in the Finn Hill neighborhood, serves the greater Kirkland area. We are dedicated to providing information and support for all local residents, whether you are just getting started with genealogical research or have many years of experience.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 7910 NE 132nd St., Kirkland, WA 98034 United States
- Wednesday: 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am-1:00pm, 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm starting March 21, 2015
- Also open by appointment. Call 425-242-8892.
(The Family History Center is located on the east side of the building, closest to Finn Hill Middle School. If doors are locked during open hours, just ring the bell and we'll let you in.)
Holiday Schedule: The center will be closed December 22, 2015 through January 2, 2016 and will reopen on January 5, 2016. The center will be open by appointment during that time. Call Keith Allred at 425-821-5820 to make an appointment.
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Class Schedule
These are beginning and intermediate level classes
March 3rd 7:30pm to 9:00pm Writing Your Family Stories
March 12th 1:30pm to 3:00 pm Writing Your Family Stories
March 10th 7:30pm to 9:00pm Beginning & Intermediate Family Tree Maker, RootsMagic for MAC users
March 19th 1:30pm to 3:00pm Beginning & Intermediate Family Tree Maker, RootsMagic for MAC users
March 17th 7:30pm to 9:00pm Beginning Windows Geneaolgy Software
March 26th 1:30pm to 3:00pm Beginning Windows Geneaolgy Software
April 7th 7:30pm to 9:00pm Beginning DNA
April 16th 1:30pm to 3:00pm Beginning DNA
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These include Ancestry.com, Fold3, My Heritage, Find My Past, World Vital Records, among others.
Hardware and Equipment
- The center has four computers, four microfilm readers, one microfiche reader, and a printer. The printer also scans and patrons can use it to scan photos and documents to their FamilySearch tree.
- The center also has a ScanPro 2000, used to enhance microforms (fiche and film) and save images to a flash drive.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Bellevue Regional Library (Website) 1111 110th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004; 425-450-1765. Genealogy section; microfilm readers; carries microfilm of eastside newspapers.
Eastside Genealaogical Society (Website).
Fiske Genealogical Library (Website) 1644 43rd Ave.E., Seattle, WA 98112; 206-328-2716.
Kirkland Historical Society (Website) 203 Market Street, Heritage Hall - Lower Level, Kirkland, WA 98033.
The National Archives at Seattle (Website) 6125 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-7999.
Washington State Digital Archives (Website) Washington state vital records online.
Washington State Genealogical Society (Website).
Washington State Library (Website).
- City of Kirkland, Washington
- King County
- King County, Washington
- State of Washington
- Sign up for free classes
Volunteer at the Center
Anyone wishing to volunteer, please contact Janice Tischmacher at 425-825-1234.
- This page was last modified on 12 February 2016, at 22:49.
- This page has been accessed 4,189 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News