Kitchener Ontario Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Centre article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your centre here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" in the Toolbar above.)
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location and Map:
- 10 Lorraine Ave., Kitchener, Ontario
- Access from the back of the parking lot of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Large free parking lot
- No charge for use of the facility or the volunteer assistance
- (Link to map using <a href="http://maps.google.com">Google</a>
- Tuesday: 9am-4pm
- Thursday: 9am-4pm; and by appointment
- Saturday : By appointment
Our Schedule for July Closed July 1 - for Canada Day We will close at 4:00pm Thursday, July 10th, unless you have made a special appointment for that evening, in which case we will be open from 7:00pm to 9:00pm especially for you. And we will re-open Tuesday, August 5th at 9:00am.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- computers, microfilm readers, many microfilms held in private collection, scanner/printer, printer, reference library,
Staff Research Specialties
(Include sections for any other services your centre provides. Add additional sections for those services. See the <a href="Mesa Family History Center">Mesa</a> and <a href="Logan Utah Family History Center">Logan</a> FHC pages for examples.) <fck:hr>
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.) <fck:hr>
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your centre such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your centre is located.) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 00:02.
- This page has been accessed 1,324 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More