Klamath County, Oregon Trivia TidbitsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Adams Point; named for J. Frank Adams, a prominent early settler, whose home ranch was nearby. Mr. Adams was born in California in 1855 and came to Klamath County in 1879 where he accumulated large land holdings. He helped found the Bohemian community of Malin. He died in 1929. For more information about him, see Gaston's Centenntial History of Oregon, vol. 4 page 707.
- Agency Hill, prominent landmark just north of Klamath Indian Agency. The Klamath Indian name is Yanaldi, which describes the ridge extending from Klamath AGency to a point north of Fort Klamath.
- Agency Lake, Agency_Lake_(Oregon) , generally used in referring to the north arm of Upper Klamath Lake, so called because of the Klamath Indian Agency nearby.
Oregon Geographic Names FamilySearch Catalog
|This Oregon-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 03:08.
- This page has been accessed 1,091 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News