Klein Texas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Klein Texas Family History Center is an extension of the world's largest genealogical library, the Salt Lake City Family History Library. Our mission is to provide for Family History research, Free of Charge, in the Spring, Klein, Tomball, and Magnolia areas. Come find your ancestors with us.
Center Contacts and Hours
Address: 16535 Kleinwood Dr Spring TX 77379 United States
- Look for the green Family History Library sign on Louetta Rd and Kleinwood Dr.
- Tuesday/Wednesday:10 am-4 pm and 7-9 pm
- Thursday:10 am-1 pm Workshops 7-9pm
- Saturday:10 am-1 pm
Holiday Schedule (FHC Closure Dates)
Easter Weekend, First Saturday in April, Memorial Day, July 4th, First Saturday in October, Thanksgiving week, last 2 weeks in December
2015 Classes & Workshops (Thursdays 6:59pm - 9pm)
January 8 - Scanning Heirlooms Combo - Jill, Jane, Mike M, Mike B to bring misc scanning devices.
January 15 - Cropping Photos - Mike Maddox Class & Workshop Format
January 22 - Uploading Memories to Family Search - Mike Ball and Jill Bluth Class & Workshop Format
January 29 -"Master the Mouse" - Mike Maddox
February 5 - Backing Up Files/Recovery - Mike Ball
February 12 - Family History 101 - Julie Cluff
February 19 - Family Search for Beginners - Jill Bluth Class & Workshop Format
February 26 NO CLASS-ROOTS TECH WEEK - Family Discovery Day is Scheduled for Saturday, Feb 28th
Click here to Register for RootsTech 2015 www.kleinstake.org/rootstech2015
March 5 - Family History Research for Beginners - Julie Cluff Class & Workshop Format
March 12 - Women's Work is Never Done, Finding Women in the Records - Jane Bonny
March 19 - Indexing - Jill Bluth Class & Workshop Format
March 26 - Brick Walls Various Consultants Bring in "brick wall" issues and ask for hands on help
April 2 - Social Media - Julie Cluff
April 9 - Alternate Search Techniques on FS - Mike Maddox
April 16 - Evidence - Jane Bonny
April 23 - Sourcing in Family Search - Mike Maddox Class & Workshop Format
April 30 - What's In A Name? - Mike Ball
May 7 - Family History Photo Books - Merle Rumsey
May 14 - Crafty Publishing Ideas - Julie Cluff
May 21 - Military Record Searching - Mike Maddox/Jane Ellen Hair
May 28 - Timelines - Jane Bonny
==== Center Collections ====
- This center has all films ordered online by patrons and requested to be sent to this center. See films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog at FamilySearch.org.
- We have inhouse over 1000 microfilms and 3500 microfiche on indefinite loan. An index of these is available in the Family History Center
- We have numerous genealogical reference books
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal:Family History Centers provide free access to many subscription genealogy websites, including:
- 19th Century British Newspapers
- Access Newspaper Archives
- Alexander Street Press (American Civil War Collections)
- Ancestry.com (Family History Library Edition)
- ArkivDigital Online
- The Genealogist
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- HeritageQuest Online
- Historic Map Works (Library Edition)
- Paper Trail
Hardware and Equipment
- 12 Internet-connected computers
- Wireless internet access for laptops and mobile devices.
- Work tables for 9 laptops
- 1 - 16mm microfilm reader
- 1 - 35mm microfilm reader
- 1 - Cannon 300II Microfilm/Microfiche Reader and Digital Imaging System
- 1 - Lexmark High Speed Laser Scanner/Printer
- 1 - Canon USB Scanner
- 1 - Projector (HDMI & VGA), Laser Pointer
- 1 - Pulldown Projection Screen for Instruction
Staff Research Specialties
A friendly helpful staff always willing to help you with your genealogical interests. If we don't have a solution to your questions we will help you find someone who does.
Resources in the Local Area
Center for Genealogical Research Location
Phone: (832) 393-2600
- Clayton Library is a department of the Houston Public Library devoted entirely to genealogical research. Materials found in the library cover the entire U. S., as well as many foreign countries.
- Online databases at Houston Public Library
- Clayton Library Friends
Montgomery County Memorial Library System Location
(The Genealogy Department is located on the 2nd floor)
104 I-45 North (Gladstell Exit)
Conroe, TX 77301
Phone: (936) 788-8363
Chaparral Library Location
310 N. Live Oak
- This is a small library owned by the Chaparral Genealogical Society. The current hours are 10AM-2PM, Mon, Tues, Wed, Sat (except the 1st Sat of each month). Suggest calling first.
Houston Genealogical Forum
PO Box 271466
Houston TX 77277-1466
Voice Mail: 713-968-9750
- Meeting Place: Bayland Park Community Center,
- 6400 Bissonnet, Houston, Texas
Chaparral Genealogical Society
- Meets on 4th Saturday of each month (except December) at 10 a.m.
- Meeting Place: Amergy Bank Building
- Conference Room (2nd Floor)
- Tomball, TX (on SH 249 before 4 corners)
The Humble Area Genealogical Society
- Meets at 7 p.m. on the Second Monday of each month September - May
- Meeting Place: Humble Senior Activity Center
- 1401 South Houston Avenue
- Humble, Texas
Volunteer at the Center
Call or write for more information. Phone number and email address are listed at the top of the article.
- This page was last modified on 24 February 2015, at 00:26.
- This page has been accessed 10,230 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More