LDS Church RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The following articles describe records created primarily by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:
- LDS Census gives information about censuses taken by the Church to locate and count Church members.
- LDS Emigration and Immigration describes the records of Saints who emigrated from Britain, Europe, and Scandinavia, and the journey of the pioneers to Utah.
- LDS Membership Records explains how to find the local branch, ward, stake, or mission documents that show the births, blessings of children, baptisms, confirmations, marriages, move-ins and move-outs, and deaths of Latter-day Saints.
- LDS Missionaries gives information about indexes and records of members who served full-time missions for the Church.
- LDS Patriarchal Blessings discusses how to find copies of blessings given by Church patriarchs, and explains their genealogical value.
- LDS Priesthood Records explains what quorum records are, how to find them, and how to trace priesthood lineages.
- LDS Temple Records describes how to locate official documents created by temple recorders showing living and proxy priesthood ordinations, endowments, sealings to parents, and sealings to spouse.
- Ward Membership Records
For further details about researching Latter-day Saint records see Tracing LDS Ancestors.
Archives and Libraries
- The Family History Library has all of the genealogical records described above. The associated Family History Centers have access to the Library's microfilms.
- The Church History Library collects the Church's historical records from around the world.
Other major repositories holding records which can be used for documenting Latter-day Saint ancestors are described in LDS Archives and Libraries.
- This page was last modified on 7 December 2013, at 14:20.
- This page has been accessed 19,544 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News