LDS For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
You can find more information about members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in:
- Barton, Noel R. “Latter-day Saint Sources for Tracing Early British Mormons.” In World Conference on Records: Preserving Our Heritage, vol. 6 of British Family and Local History, Part II, series 424. [Salt Lake City]: Corporation of the President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1980. (FHL book 929.1 W893 1980 vol. 6 pt. 1; fiche 6085745). This includes branch and conference membership records, minutes of councils and conferences, the Millennial Star, financial records, Church and US passenger lists and registers, patriarchal blessings, correspondence, British Mission manuscript history, the Journal History, and more.
- Clement, Russell T. Mormons in the Pacific: A Bibliography. Laie, Hawaii: Institute for Polynesian Studies, 1981. (FHL book 289.39016 C591m). This is a bibliography about the Church and its members in Polynesia, Micronesia, and Melanisia. In includes holdings at Brigham Young University-Hawaii campus, the Brigham Young University-Utah campus, and the Historical Department. Asian cultures were not included. The references include personal diaries, journals, mission histories, books, periodicals, and periodical articles.
- Jaussi, Laureen R. Genealogy Fundamentals. Provo, Utah: Jaussi Publications, 1994. (FHL book 929.1 J327g). This is a basic family history research handbook. Several chapters deal with history and use of ordinance records and indexes, the FamilySearch Catalog, Ancestral File, and Family Group Records Collection.
- Jaussi, Laureen R., and Gloria D. Chaston. Register of Genealogical Society Call Numbers. 2 vols. Provo, Utah: Genealogy Tree, 1982. (FHL book 979.2258 A3j; fiche 6031507). These volumes contain the film numbers for many (but not all) membership records and the temple films.
- Utah Research Outline. 3rd ed. Salt Lake City: Family History Library, 2000. (1st ed. on FHL book 929.1 F21ro US-STATES no.45; fiche 6105284). Now available on this Wiki under Utah. Describes major sources of information about families from Utah. Wiki articles for the states of Illinois, Idaho, Arizona, Nevada, and Wyoming may also list many sources with information about Latter-day Saints.
- Young, Stephen Charles. “Alternate Genealogical and Historical Sources for Early LDS Families from Ontario.” Genealogical Journal 18, no. 1 (1990): 5–16. (FHL book 973 D25gj vol.18). This is a combination history, bibliography, and list of early Church members in Ontario.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 02:30.
- This page has been accessed 2,154 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News