Lakeville Minnesota Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 18460 Kachina Ct Lakeville MN 55044 United States
- Enter building on the west side by the stairs.
- For handicap access please call the center at 1-952-435-2681 (and enter on the north or south side of the building using wheelchair ramps).
- 1-952-435-2681 (please call to ensure we are open)
Closed during holidays: For access by appointment please email:
Calendar and Events
- March 15 2014 - Lakeville Stake Family History Fair - Agenda coming soon
- No current classes scheduled. For training or class requests please email.
Databases and Software
FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Websites available are:
- 19th Century British Newspapers
- Alexander Street Press (Civil War)
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Swedish church records
- Find My Past (UK)
- Fold 3 (specializing in military records)
- The Genealogist (UK)
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment
- 8 patron use computers
- Microfilm and Microfiche readers
- Black and white laser printer
- Digital camera for microfilm pictures
Staff Research Specialties
- German ancestor research - specializing in Ostfriesland, Germany.
Resources in the Local Area
- Dakota County vital records
- FamilyTree - New church website for family history
- Familysearch companion software - additional tools to use with familysearch or familytree
- Createfan - Export your familysearch tree to a 9 generation chart.
- Family Tree Magazine - Excellent web resources, 101 best websites
- Cindi's List - online repository of 1000's of online resources
- 2014 Root's tech videos - Online links to 2014 presentations
Volunteer at the Center
Community volunteers with an interest in family history, and a desire to serve others, who are willing to commit to a weekly shift for at least one-two years are invited to join our staff. Training will be provided. Contact the Director for further information.
- This page was last modified on 2 April 2015, at 18:18.
- This page has been accessed 2,067 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More