Lang Plantation, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Lang is an extinct plantation, now an unorganized territory (township) in the North Franklin townships of Franklin County, Maine. Lang has also been known as Langtown Mill, and The Landing. It was first organized as a part of Jackson Plantation from Township 2 R3 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (T2 R3 WBKP) in 1845. It was set off from Jackson as Lang Plantation in 1866, and reorganized in 1894 and again in 1895. Lang surrendered its plantation organization in 1935, and has since remained unorganized territory. 
Adjacent towns: Franklin Co.:
- ↑ Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 82 (digital p. 91). A digital version is available via a link in the FamilySearch Catalog.
- ↑ Lang Township, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 21 September 2013).
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 04:07.
- This page has been accessed 1,063 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News