Lebanon New Hampshire Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 667 Dartmouth College Hwy Rt 4 Lebanon NH 03766 United States.
- Exit 17 off Route 89
- Entrance is in the rear of the building.
- Ring bell to upper right of door.
- Wednesday:10:00am-1:00pm and 6:00pm-8:30pm
Call ahead during inclement weather and holidays: Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Lebanon, New Hampshire
- The Lebanon, NH Library www.leblibrary.com/ has many local family history resources, including old newspapers. There is a brand new library, the Kilton Library, in West Lebanon.
- The Hartford Library http://www.hartfordvtlibrary.org/ has a reference room with many local and wider resources, including "family files including genealogies, newspaper articles and obituaries filed by surname", genealogies and local and regional town histories, and computerized searchable genealogical databases of local interest, i.e. cemetery records, etc.
- The Hartford, VT Historical Society http://www.hartfordhistory.org/ has many resources of local interest including some maps.
Hanover, New Hampshire
- The Howe Library http://www.thehowe.org has Heritage Quest and Ancestry.com Library Edition for in-library use only.
- Dartmouth College Libraries-- http://library.dartmouth.edu/
- The Baker/Berry Library has many local, regional, national, and international genealogy resources in book and microfilm.
- The Rauner Library, in Webster Hall, has manuscripts, genealogies, and the Dr. Frost Collection of local family genealogies.
Lyme, New Hampshire
- The Converse Free Library http://www.lymenhlibrary.org/ has multiple genealogy resources, including Ancestry.com Library Edition to be used in the library.
- The Thetford, VT Historical Society http://www.thetfordhistoricalsociety.org/ There are many resources including a four-drawer filing cabinet of manuscripts arranged by surname.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 8 September 2015, at 20:56.
- This page has been accessed 1,596 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News