Leicester England Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Centre article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Leicester England Family History Centre, based in the church on Wakerley Road, serves primarily the church and community of Leicestershire, but visitors from all parts are made welcome.
Centre Contacts and Hours
- Wakerley Road Leicester Leicestershire England LE5 4WD United Kingdom
- Free car park off Falmouth Road.
- Walk round to the front of the building the first door on the right up the steps provides access to the centre. Disabled access is available on request.
- +44 (0)116-249-0099
- Tue: 9:30am-8:00pm
- Thur: 9:30am-2:00pm
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the director at +44 (0)116-249-0099.
- Members and Non-Members welcome.
- This Centre will close on all Bank Holidays
- We are closed for the whole month of August, we reopen on the 1st September 2015
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- A number of records on microfilm and microfiche are permanently available at Leicester Family History Centre. To check if we have anything of interest to you, please call us during opening hours, and we will consult our catalogue.
- Records of the Borough of Leicester 1689-1835, by Chinnery, pub Leicester University Press. Volume V (Hall Books and Papers), VI (The Chamberlains Accounts), and VII (Judicial and Allied Records).
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. This includes England and Wales censuses 1841 to 1911.
Hardware and Equipment
- Six computers, one of which is also a film/fiche reader/printer and has a document scanner.
- Film and fiche readers.
Staff Research Specialties
Individual help and advice given free of charge. Please phone during opening hours for an appointment or e-mail the centre.
Resources in the Local Area
The Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland, Long Street, Wigston Magna,
Leicester LE18 2AH Telephone:+44 (0)116 257 1080. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leicestershire & Rutland Family History Society (See Links below)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 21 July 2015, at 19:30.
- This page has been accessed 3,018 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News