Levanger, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Levanger, Norway ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records
Levanger clerical district contains parish registers from Levanger with Okkenhaug chapel and Frol (Levanger rural parish). These were separated from Skogn clerical district in 1855, for earlier records see Skogn clerical district. The Family History Library has microfilm copies of the church books, 1836-1917.
Digital images are online at Digitalarkivet:
- 1664-1666 Census for Skogn can be found at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
Sogneprestenes manntall: This census was taken by the local parish priests. It lists the name of the farms, names of farm owners (including widows), the sons of the farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and their sons, and the ages of each person. (Usually only included males from 12 years and older, but in some cases all males from birth were listed). There was another census taken by the civil authorities at this same time. Both censuses should be searched as they supplement each other. This clerical census is usually more complete.
INDHERRED PROSTI I. b. 32 Skogn prestegjeld Alstadhaug Vold tinglag Gjete tinglag Levanger Family History Library INTL Film 122975 Item 3
Fogd og sorenskrivers manntall: This census was taken by the local civil authorities. It lists the names of the farms, farmowners (including widows), sons of farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and sons of cottagers and the age of each person. (Usually only includes males from 12 years and older, but in some districts all males from birth were included). The clerical authorities took a census during same time period. Both censuses should be used as they supplement each other. The clerical census is usually more complete.
STJØRDALEN FOGDERI b. 19 Skogn prestegjeld Gjete tinglag Vold tinglag Family History Library INTL Film 122981 Item 2
1663-1666 Manntall for Innherred Deanery database.
- 1801 Census for Skogn database.
1835 - 1845 - 1855 Censusfor Skogn can be found at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah
The 1835, 1845, 1846, 1855 and 1856 census for Skogn clerical district which includes the parishes Skogn, Alstadhaug, Ekne and Levanger. Includes the farmnames, head of household (or his widow), his wife, children, other family members staying on farm, poor people, retired people, servants, farmhands, occupation, sex, and age etc. Also list statistics.
- Alstadhaug 1835,1845, 1846,1855, 1856 Ekne 1835,1845, 1846,1856 Skogn 1845,1855 Levanger 1835 Family History Library INTL Film 1283463 Item 1
Skogn, Levanger, Alstadhaug, Ekne sogn og Levanger skoledistrikter 1835 Family History Library INTL Film 1694694 Item 2
- 1865 Census contains the persons name, residence, status in the family, occupation, sex, marital status, place of birth, age, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information. Each book usually contains one clerical district (prestegjeld). In some books there are two clerical districts recorded. The parishes and school districts in each clerical district are listed at the beginning of each book. Film 123092 Item 1 for Levanger City, 123092 Item 2 for Levanger Clerical District.
1865 Census database.
- 1875 census contains the persons name, residence, position in the family, occupation, sex, marital status, year of birth, place of birth, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information. Film 273642
- 1900 census contains the persons name, sex, resident or temporary resident, temporarily absent and where person is, position in the family, marital status, occupation, year of birth, place of birth, citizenship, religion, and other miscellaneous information. Levanger city Film 274699, Levanger land district Films 274721 and 274722
- 1900 Census database.
1910 Census database.
Vestrum, Arne,Skogns historie, Levanger : i kommission hos B. Turn-Paulsen, 1926-1979. A history of Skogn, Levanger and Frol in Nord-Trøndelag county in v. 1- 4. The genealogies of the people and the farms they lived on are in v. 5-8. FHL 948.42/S5 H2v
Contents: v. 1. Omfattende Frol og Levanger til 1720 -- v. 2, 1. & 2. halvbind. [Bosætningens og gårdenes historie og eiendomsforhold, og i det 18 århundrede tillike opsitterne og deres familjehold.] -- v. 3. Om Skognområdet i førhistorisk tid -- v. 4a-4b. Ålmenn bygdesoge for Skogn, Frol og Levanger -- v. 5. Levanger By's historie tidsrommet 1836-1989 -- v. 6 I-6 II. Frol I-II Folk og Heimar 1801-1950 -- v. 7. -- v. 8. Markabygda, Ekne -- v. 9. pt. 1. Midt-Skogn -- v. 10. pt.s. 1 & 2. Midt Skogn -- v. 11. pts. 1 & 2. Ytre Skogn -- v. 12. Ovre Skogn.
A farm name index to volume 6 part 1, (Frol) is found in the following link. File:948.42-S5 H2s v6p1 - SKOGN 6-1.pdf
57 Aunet 53 Bjøraas 13 Borgsmoen 15 Borgøen 36 Brandan 51 Brekmoen 23 Brusveet 40 Buran 41 Buraunet 20 Bækkenget 27 Damgjerdet 48 Ersaas 51 Flataasen 26 Floan 15 Friborg 27 Frivolden 24 Gjeite 24 Gjeitesvolden 31 Gjeitsæte 28 Gran 7 Grevskot 38 Gustad 60 Halsan 60 Halsaunet 54 Halvardaasen 8 Hauskot 25 Hegle 27 Heir 27 Heirsaunet 31 Hojem 31 Hojemsaunet 44 Holmmoen 55 Hægeraasen 32 Høgaasen 51 Iverpladsen 58 Kjølaas 5 Kleven 37 Kløvjan 47 Kolberg 52 Langaas 23 Leiren 29 Leveraas 34 Lian 15 Linsveet 58 Løvaasen 37 Løvhaugen 57 Matberg 62 Mo 10 Mule 51 Munkberget 51 Munkby 30 Munkrøstad 39 Myrenget 60 Nesjan 61 Nordberg 59 Nordmarken 50 Nygaarden 36 Okkenhaug 46 Reistad 3 Reitan 1 Rindan 2 Rindaunet 13 Rokne 35 Rolien 20 Røstad 21 Røstadleiren 52 Sagbakken 47 Sagmarken 4 Salthammer 6 Sandsaunet 33 Segtnan 49 Sellelien 45 Skaagset 11 Skaanes 51 Slaatsveet 57 Steinlien 15 Storborg 4 Svedjan 14 Sæter 19 Søgstad 51 Sørlien 56 Tingstad 52 Tvaaraasen 17 Tynes 9 Tynesaunet 23 Ulve 23 Ulvesleiren 31 Vaattahaugen 43 Venaas 12 Østborg
1691-1823: Probates are found in Stjørdal og Verdal judicial district.
1691-1808: Clerical probates are found in Innherad Deanery
- This page was last modified on 27 May 2015, at 17:51.
- This page has been accessed 1,252 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News