Lewisville Texas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Lewisville Family History Center serves patrons from Lewisville, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Corinth, Lantana, Double Oak, Copper Canyon and outlying areas.
The Center has a separate entrance at the rear of the Chapel Building.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 902 N Chinn Chapel Road Highland Village TX 75077 United States
- 6/10 miles north of intersection of FM407-Justin Rd and Chinn Chapel Rd.
- Tuesday: 7:00pm-9:30pm
- Wednesday: 7:00pm-9:30pm
- Thursday: 9:00am-3:00pm
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the director in advance at (214-636-5915)
2015 Holiday Schedule Closures: Thanksgiving November 23th-28th
Christmas Break December 18th-January 4th
Calendar of Events
Workshop Schedule for Sep 2014 - Jun 2015
All Workshops are held in the Primary Room at the Family History Center unless stated otherwise.
Bring your laptop/tablet or attend the Family History Center after workshop for hands on
- Tues, Sep 9, 7-8 pm "Using Census Records" by Suzanne Flake
- Tues, Oct 14, 7-8 pm "Attaching Historical Records to an Entire Family" by Darlene Hathaway
- Tues, Nov 11, 7-8 pm "Attaching Sources to Family Tree" by Randie Sue Neibaur
- Tues, Jan 13, 7-8 pm "How to Clean up Your Family Tree: Finding, Combining & Eliminating Duplicates" by Martha Donbar
- Tues, Feb 10, 7-8 pm - "Basic Research Techniques" by Stuart Dunn
- Tues, Mar 10, 7-8 pm - "Preparing a Name for the Temple" by Lisa Giorgio
- Tues, Apr 14, 7-8 pm - "Swiss Research" by Evie Hyer
- Tues, May 12, 7-8 pm - "Genealogical Research: Hidden Sources of Information" by Jean Jauregui
- Tues, Jun 9, 7-8 pm - "Adding Photos and Stories to Family Tree" Steve and Cynthia Inman
No Workshops will be held in July, August or December
Fall 2015 Workshops to be announced at a later date.
Consultant Training Meetings
3rd Thursday monthly, 7-8 pm @ Stake Center, Primary Room
No consultant training will be held in June, July, August or December.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Extensive collection of indefinite microfilms and microfiche.
- Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Websites include: Family Search, Ancestry, Find My Past, Fold 3, World Vital Records, Heritage Quest, Arkiv Digital
- Also have access to: 19th Century British Library Newspapers Digital Archives, Historic Map Works, Paper Trail
- Limited Reference Library
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 computer stations
- 4 microfilm readers (one with printing capability)
- 3 Microfiche readers
- Copying capabilities (If making more than 20 copies, please donate paper)
What We Offer
- Research help: We do not perform the research for patrons but we answer questions and suggest possible resources.
- Assist in cleaning up data files
- Provide service opportunites for missionaries and volunteers
- We offer workshops - see schedule for details
Resources in the Local Area
Grapevine Public Library 1201 Municipal Way Grapevine, TX 76051 817-410-3429
Dallas Public Library 1515 Young St. Dallas, TX 75201 214-670-1433
Fort Worth Public Library - Central 500 W 3rd St. Fort Worth, TX 76102 817-392-7701
The National Archives at Fort Worth
Volunteer at the Center
If you are interested in volunteering, we are looking for friendly, enthusiastic people that are willing to help patrons with research techniques and seeking their ancestors at all skill levels.
Online Film Ordering
If you know the film number you want to order go to:
If not, go to https://www.familysearch.org/#form=catalog to search the FamilySearch Catalog.
Adding details to a FHC page article.
- This page was last modified on 22 January 2015, at 19:53.
- This page has been accessed 2,584 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News