Lexington Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Lexington Parish has served Amherst County, Virginia. St. Luke's Church at Pedlar Mills belonged to Lexington Parish. St. Mark's Episcopal Church in Clifford (formed 1747) also belonged to this parish.
A few tombstones from Saint Luke's Episcopal Church Cemetery are described at Find A Grave.
More than 50 tombstones from Saint Mark's Church Cemetery are also described at Find A Grave.
Lexington Parish reports:
- Convention of 1824 (p. 172)
- Convention of 1826 (p. 189)
- Convention of 1827 (p. 202)
- Convention of 1831 (p. 259)
- Convention of 1832 (p. 273)
- Convention of 1833 (p. 289)
- Convention of 1834 (p. 309)
- 1800 -- "Amherst Co., Virginia Tax List for Lexington Parish/District - 1800," courtesy: VAGenWeb. Available online.
- St Marks Episcopal Church, Est. 1747, The Episcopal Church
- ↑ Ken Dunlap, "St. Luke's Church Pedlar Mills, VA," VAGenWeb.
- ↑ "St. Mark, Clifford | History of St Mark, Clifford," The Episcopal Church.
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ Mary Frances Boxley, Gravestone Inscriptions in Amherst County, Virginia (Amherst, Va., 1985).
- ↑ William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- ↑ Francis Lister Hawks, A Narrative of Events Connected with the Rise and Progress of the Protestant Episcopal Church in Virginia: To Which is Added an Appendix, Containing the Journals of the Conventions in Virginia from the Commencement to the Present Time (New York: Harper and Brothers, 1836). Digital version at Google Books.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 04:15.
- This page has been accessed 3,898 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News