Lincoln Nebraska Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 3000 Old Cheney Rd Lincoln Nebraska 68516 United States
- Use North Parking Lot and Main Entrance or follow the sidewalk to the right and it will lead you to the FHC Door.
- Postal Address - Lincoln Family History Center, PO Box 22512, Lincoln, NE 68542-2512
WHEN LINCOLN PUBLIC SCHOOLS CLOSE DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER - WE WILL BE CLOSED. IF THE STREETS ARE BAD - MOST LIKELY WE WILL ALSO BE CLOSED IN THE EVENING. BEFORE TRAVELING - CALL OR SEND AN EMAIL TO SEE IF WE ARE OPEN.
WE RARELY CLOSE UNEXPECTEDLY - BUT IF YOU ARE DRIVING A LONG DISTANCE TO VISIT US - PLEASE CONFIRM OPEN HOURS IN ADVANCE BY SENDING AN EMAIL TO LincolnFHC@gmail.com.
- Tuesday:10:00am-4:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday:10:00am-2:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
Saturday General Conference: Saturday Stake Conference: Saturday Memorial Day: July 1st-14th Summer Closing: Saturday Labor Day: Saturday General Conference: Saturday Stake Conference: Thanksgiving: December 23rd-January 2015 Christmas/New Years:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- 4 Computers, 2 Printers, Copy Machine, 7 Microfilm Readers, 1 Microfilm Reader/Printer. 400 + Reference Books, and about 1,000 microfilm rolls on permanent loan.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2016, at 03:50.
- This page has been accessed 2,189 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News