Little Ilford, Essex GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Little Ilford, Essex ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Little Ilford, Essex|
|Poor Law Union||West Ham|
|Registration District||West Ham|
|Parish registers: 1539|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1802|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - London; Post-1845 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex|
|Location of Archive|
|Essex Record Office|
Little Ilford or Ilford (Little), is a village and a parish in West Ham district, Essex. The village stands adjacent to the river Roding and to the London and Tilbury railway, it is 3/4 of a mile NE of East Ham railway station, and 3 1/4 miles E by N of Stratford. The parish also contains the village of Green-Hill-Grove.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Little Ilford, Essex Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Little Ilford, Essex Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Online images are available Seax - Essex Archives Online From the Essex Record Office St Mary the Virgin, parish registers and Bishop's transcripts.
See also St Mary's Mission church, St Barnabas Manor Park, St Michael and All Angels Manor Park [Little Ilford] and Manor Park United Reformed Church, Manor Park Wesleyan Methodist church, Romford Road, Little Ilford Methodist Church, Sixth Avenue.
- Free Church of England
- Reformed Episcopal
- Roman Catholic
- Strict Baptist
- Wesleyan Methodist
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241361.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Essex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Little Ilford on GENUKI
Essex Ancestors - offers images of genealogical records for the county of Essex ($)
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870) Adapted: date accessed 20 May 2013.
- ↑ 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 12 June 2011.
- ↑ 'Boyd's London Burials Index - places and counts,' Find My Past, accessed 8 June 2011. Indexes adult male burials only.
- ↑ Essex Ancestors: Unearth Your Roots, Seax - Essex Archives Online From the Essex Record Office, accessed 3 March 2012.
- ↑ 'England, Essex Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records),' FamilySearch, accessed 2 September 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes (n.p.: n.p., n.d.). FHL British Book 942 V25pm
- This page was last modified on 4 June 2015, at 17:42.
- This page has been accessed 6,816 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News