Little Massingham, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Little Massingham, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Little Massingham, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Freebridge Lynn PLU|
|Registration District||Freebridge Lynn|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish HistoryMASSINGHAM, LITTLE (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union and hundred of Freebridge-Lynn, W. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (N. W.) from Rougham. 
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Little Massingham, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Little Massingham, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
||1558-1812, 1855-1885|| |
|FS PRs||Undefined||1558-1812, 1877-1886||Undefined||1558-1954||Undefined||1558-1812, 1855-1885|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 627
Little Massingham is incorrectly identified as 'South Lynn' in FamilySearch's England, Norfolk, Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812 dataset.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438857.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Little Massingham on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 271-277. Date accessed: 22 April 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 22:33.
- This page has been accessed 895 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More