Little Saling, Essex GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Little Saling, Essex ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Little Saling, Essex|
St. Peter and St. Paul Bardfield Saling, Essex
|Poor Law Union||Dunmow|
|Parish registers: 1561|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1800|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - London; Post-1845 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)|
|Location of Archive|
|Essex Record Office|
LITTLE SALING is also known as BARDFIELD-SALING (St. Margaret), it is a parish, in the union of Dunmow, the hundred of Freshwell, and N. division of Essex, it is 5¾ miles (N. E.) from Dunmow.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Little Saling, Essex Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|ESSEX = EssexAncestors - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FSPRs = England, Essex Parish Registers, 1503-1997 (FamilySearch) - free|
|Little Saling, Essex Genealogy Online Parish Records|
||1561-1562, 1584-1653, 1694-1735||
||1560-1562, 1583-1640, 1680-1713|| |
Society of Friends/Quaker
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241368.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Essex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Essex Ancestors - offers images of genealogical records for the county of Essex ($)
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848) Adapted: date accessed 28 May 2013
- ↑ Essex Ancestors: Unearth Your Roots, Seax - Essex Archives Online From the Essex Record Office, accessed 5 September 2014.
- ↑ Essex Coverage in FreeReg, FreeREG, accessed 19 April 2012.
- ↑ 'England, Essex Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records),' FamilySearch, https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/England,_Essex_Parish_Registers_(FamilySearch_Historical_Records), accessed 2 September 2014.
- This page was last modified on 4 June 2015, at 17:46.
- This page has been accessed 3,015 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News