Live Research Assistance: Consultants' steps to check in to receive callsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
As soon as you have received the notification that your account has been set up, you can "check in" to begin receiving calls. To check in:
- Go to the Volunteer Check In page.
- Sign in with your LDS or FamilySearch Account, if you haven't.
- Choose whether to check in to help with phones or chats, or both.
- Check that the correct phone number you are using to volunteer is listed.
- Click Check in.
- If using the phone to be a volunteer, answer your phone when it rings and press 1 after the recorded message and hang up so that you can receive calls.
- How to answer the phone: Hello, Research Support, How can we help you today? For other phone responses see Phone Responses in the Helpful Resources column.
- When you are done volunteering for the day, click Check-out to stop receiving calls (the button will turn blue green and will now be the Check-in
- You may find that you are receiving calls in your voice mail when they should have been pulled back to the queue. If possible, increase the number of rings on your answering machine before your voice mail answers. This should allow the system to roll the call to someone else before your voicemail picks it up.
Problems signing in and out?
- Screen is stuck at validating your phone number.
- Problem: This might happen if you have accidentally double-clicked the Check-in button to begin receiving calls, entered a wrong phone number, or not answered the call when it came in.
- Solution: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask to have the problem fixed.
- See an error message after clicking on the Check-out button to stop receiving calls.
- Problem: You are still checked in to receive calls. The FamilySearch.org website logged you out, but you are still checked in to take calls.
- Solution: Log back into FamilySearch.org by clicking Sign In in the upper right hand corner. Then go back to the page and click Check-out to stop receiving calls.
Pop-up blockers can prevent you from Check-In to Chat. Disable the pop-up blocker by following the following instructions:
Allowing Pop-up Blockers for Family Search
Click on Tools – near top of page (upper left corner)
Click on Pop-up blockers/Click on arrow
Click on Pop-up blocker settings
Exceptions screen: Address of website to allow: Type FamilySearch.org +Click on ADD
Click Close at the bottom of the page
Click orange box at the left top of the screen
Click on Options
Click Security icon (6th from left)
Top three options should be checked
Click on exceptions and screen will appear Type: FamilySearch.org / Allow
Click close at the end of the page + click OK
Click on the Wrench at the far right - top of the page
Scroll down to “Settings” and click
Click on “Show advanced settings” at bottom of page
Click on “Content settings” box
Scroll down to “Pop-ups”/Click on “do not allow any site to show pop-ups”
Click on: Manage Exceptions Type: FamilySearch.org / Allow and Ok
Not yet a volunteer research consultant? Learn more about what volunteers do.
- This page was last modified on 15 August 2013, at 13:28.
- This page has been accessed 3,208 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More