Llandawg, CarmarthenshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A guide to genealogy in Llandawg, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
LLANDAWKE (LLAN-DAWK), a parish, in the higher division of the hundred of DERLLYS, union and county of CARMARTHEN, SOUTH WALES, 1 mile (W. by N.) from Laugharne. This parish, situated on the road from Laugharne to Tenby, and mostly surrounded by the parishes of Laugharne and Llansadwrnen, comprises by computation about 600 acres, of which 100 are woodland, and of the remainder two-thirds are arable, and one third pasture; the surface is rather hilly, and the nature of the soil clay; the chief agricultural produce is wheat and barley, and the timber grown, principally larch and Scotch fir; it consists only of two farms. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret Marlos, is not distinguished by any architectural features of importance; it is a very small building, 33 feet in length and 17 in breadth.
For more information on Llandawg see Llandawg at Genuki.
|before 31 March 1974||Carmarthenshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Dyfed|
|from 1 April 1996||Carmarthenshire|
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464309. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- Llandawg at Vision of Britain.
- This page was last modified on 14 January 2014, at 19:53.
- This page has been accessed 233 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More