Llanallgo, Anglesey GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
LLANALLGO (LLAN-ALLGOF), a parish, in the hundred of Twrcelyn, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 7 miles (E. by N.) from Llanerchymedd. This parish, which is of considerable antiquity, derives its name from the dedication of its church to St. Alltgo, son of Caw-o-Vrydain, by whom the building was originally founded, about the commencement of the seventh century. The church, dedicated to St. Gallgov, is a small but handsome cruciform structure, containing in the east window of the chancel, which is of elegant design, some fragments of ancient stained glass. There are places of worship for Independents and Calvinistic Methodists.
LLANALLGO, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Twrcelyn, county Anglesey, 6 miles E. of Llanerchymedd, its post town, and 7 N. of Llangefni. It is situated on the northern part of Red Wharfe Bay, overlooking the Irish Sea. For more information, seeLlanallgo, Angelsey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464297.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:26.
- This page has been accessed 443 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News